Fluffy Bunny Provincial Championships MTB XC Race 2019 @ Bragg Creek (Alberta Cup XCO) #3


Saturday June 8th, I finished 5th place out of 5 in the Masters Men 30-39 category Results, It took me 1 hour & 45 minutes to complete 3 laps and I went a total of 17 Kms. Lap 1 = 35 mins, Lap 2 = 34 mins, Lap 3 = 36 mins. Total elevation gain was 1,509 Feet. My average heart rate was 172 bpm and max was 191 bpm. Check out my garmin data Here.

I finished -1 lap behind. The race Commissaire reduced every category by one lap. It had rained for two straight days before the race. I was elated to see the sunshine for the morning of the race. The course was really muddy and slippery. On the awesome 2 km long climb to start off each lap, I had trouble getting grip on the roots & rocks and therefore spun out multiple times and it disrupted my climbing rhythm. I did fairly well on the 2 km long down hill. I raced fairly conservative in some spots because I really did not want to get hurt. There were elite level racers in my category. I am proud of myself for going out there and trying hard and not giving up. The temperature was 23 deg C.

Thank you Onyerleft for putting on the race & all the volunteers for their efforts along with cheering us on.



Post Race, Muddy Bike

No comments:

Post a Comment