Perogy MTB XC Race 2012 @ SunRidge Ski Hill (Alberta Cup) #2

Sunday July 8th, I finished 19th out of 25 in Sport Men Results It was three laps and 18 km's in total. It took me 1hr 45mins. My Average heart rate was 184 and max was 201. We had the afternoon start time of 1:14pm and the temperature was 32 deg C. On my first lap I was struggling very bad with my body as I felt like I was going to throw up, but I was having a good time and once I got to the feed zone I had my parents and team mate Stew H there to take pics, get me some ice cold water, and most of all give me that support to finish the race as best I could. I was a bit faster over the next two laps, and I was really proud of myself because I road up all the hills and road all the descents. It was a character building race for me to show that I never give up. I want to say a big thanks to my parents for coming out to support me, Kirk H and pedal head for putting on the race & all the volunteers.



Am I done yet LOL, nope two more laps, oh Ya Sport Men my new category.



The perfect hand off of electrolite drink ever, for my last lap




No comments:

Post a Comment