Groundhog Grunt XC Skiing Race 2013 @ Goldstick Park (Alberta Cup) #1

Saturday February 2nd, I finished 2nd place out of 2 in Masters Men 1&2 (Age 30-39) and that earned me a silver medal and 22 Alberta Cup points, overall I was 11th/11 in Masters Men 1-6 (Age 30-59)  Results  It took me 1hr 34mins and was three laps for a total of 15 kms long. Average heart rate =186 Max =199. The total elevation gain was 1,299 feet. My average speed was 9 km/h. Today's race was skate/freestyle. This was a very tough course with lots of rolling hills. We started from up top at Goldstick park and skied down to Goldbar park and then up the big hill, I will call the lung & leg buster to the lap/finish area. I had a hard time to finish but I dug deep when I knew my body was done and I just was going to do anything to finish. I am still a raw rookie in XC Skiing so I am really happy and almost got to my goal of 1hr 30mins. The temperature was -3 deg c and snowing so there was fresh snow on the course.

A huge thanks to Edmonton Nordic and all the volunteers for putting on the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment