Organ Grinder MTB XC Marathon Race 2014 @ Canmore (Western National Marathon series) #1

Sunday June 8th, I finished 37th place out of 48 in Solo Open Men Results , Overall I was 68th out of 85 for solo open and master open men category. It took me 4hrs 31mins, (Lap1= 1hr 2mins) (Lap2= 1hr 1min) (Lap3= 1hr 9mins) (Lap4= 1hr 18mins) I went a total of 45 Kms. Total elevation gain 4,587 Feet. My average heart rate was 171 bpm and max was 194 bpm. I earned 68 points in the Western National Marathon series. My second lap was my fastest and that is strange because I am usually slower as the race goes on. During lap three and four three different times I had leg cramps so bad that I could not even stand up straight. I grinded those final two laps out and trust me there was a cloud of doubt of weather or not I could finish even lap three let alone four laps total. The race was held at the Canmore Nordic Centre and the temperature was 22 deg C. A huge thanks to Cyclemeisters for putting on the race and the BBQ chicken sausage hotdog was great and all the volunteers for staying in the rain. I had a cheering section today all the way from back home Saskatoon, my Uncle Tony T and Melissa H. My Mom came to watch, cheer, help out in the feed zone and take pics.





Mass start with all categories






I'm in the middle of this pic on the mass start.






I'm leading this pack of racers on lap#1






Finishing lap#1






Looking forward on lap #2 my fastest lap.






lap #2 my fastest lap.






Lap#3






Lap #3







Lap #4, Me suffering with bad leg cramps and Melissa H taking a selfie pic and cheering loud.



No comments:

Post a Comment