Fernie Lucky 7's MTB XC Marathon Race 2017 @ Fernie, BC


Saturday June 24th, I finished 2nd place out of 7 in Solo Open Men Results, It took me 6 hours & 50 minutes to complete 5 laps, I went a total of 72 Kms. Total elevation gain 6,519 Feet. My average heart rate was 168 bpm and max was 194 bpm. Check out my garmin data Here.

The race format is really simple: Complete as many of the 13.5km and 1,259 feet of climbing laps in seven hours. The trails are kept in excellent condition and are really fun to ride on them because they have great flow. They had cool long board walks to ride along. There was a really fun 5km long single track climb up the mountain with a reward of a great long down hill section that had my upper body a bit sore by my last lap. I did not do much training in the past two months due to a bad sinus infection. I was in pure grind and gut it out mode for laps four and five where I just dug deep and pushed through because my goal was to do five laps. I was so happy with the result and actually I was stunned to find myself on the podium.

The temperature was 25 deg C. A huge thanks to Fernie Trans Rockies Society  for putting on the race and to all the volunteers to help make this great event happen. I stayed at Park Place Lodge and it was great, especially with the restaurant on site.



Me Second place podium result, volunteer, first place and third place. Pic by Michelle E 

No comments:

Post a Comment