Canmore MTB XC Race 2017 @ Canmore Nordic Centre (Alberta Cup) #1


Sunday July 23rd, I finished 17th out of 20 in Sport Results. It took me 1 hour & 27 minutes. It was five laps (I got pulled and only did 4 laps due to time allowed on the course before the Professional relay race) and a total of 15 km's long. The total Elevation gain was 1,775 feet. My average heart rate was 182 bpm and max was 193 bpm. Check out my Garmin data Here.

The day before the National MTB XCO race was held and I went with my mom to watch the men's and women's elite race with my mom. It was so great to see our professional Mountain Bike racers including the ones that represented Canada in the Olympics. We raced on the same course as them with a few things left out. I had an ok start and then my heart rate was pinned on the climb and there was a couple spots that I could not climb over and it broke up my rhythm. I was pretty tentative on some of the technical down hill sections because it was loose. I did wipe out on lap four and was not hurt. I tried my very best today and finished -1 lap and still get an official result.

The temperature was 26 deg C and sunny. I would like to thank all the volunteers and the Alberta MTB Race Association for putting on the race.



Pic by Mom


Pic by Mom


Pic by Mom


Pic by Mom


Pic by Mom
 
 
Pic by Mom
 
 
Pic by Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment