2011 Mountain Bike XC Racing Season Recap


Alberta cup Mountain bike XC results out of five races:

  1. Iron Maiden in Canmore, June 11th = 22 out of 28
  2. Iron Lung Grand Nationals in Canmore, July 17th = 12 out of 18
  3. Canada Cup in Edmonton, July 23rd = DNF (snapped derailer & broken hanger)
  4. Perogy in Edmonton, Aug 21st  = 16 out of 21
  5. Provincials in Hinton, Aug 27th = 8 out of 18 = ( 4 points )

I finished with 4 Alberta Mountain bike cup points and was ranked 28th in Novice. With my ten points from last season my total upgrade points were 14. I needed sixteen more points to upgrade to Sport.

This was my second season of Mountain bike XC racing and I enjoyed every minute. My season started with a scare as I missed most of May with a Right Knee injury and with lots of Physio I was back racing in June. My lungs were behind my legs from the injury. I did three Fat Tire Tuesday races all in the three lap category and I did not do to well. I had a very strong race at Nationals. My best performance was at Provincials and I love that course it is made for me with long climbs and good fast descents, winning a gold medal in my age category was proof that with lots of effort you can do well and obtain your goals. I went a total of 1,218 km's training and racing on the road and trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment