Provincials MTB XC Race 2011 in Hinton (Alberta Cup) # 5

Saturday Aug 27, was my fifth race on the Alberta Cup series, I won a gold medal in my age category Senior Novice (age 17 to 29), and finished 8th place out of 18 overall in Novice results I earned 4 Alberta Mountain bike cup points. It took me 1hr and 23mins, that was over twelve mins faster than last season on this same course of two laps for 17km's. My average heart rate was 183 and max was 199. My performance peaked in this race. It was 24 deg C. On my first lap I caught up to my team mate Gord B (Sport) and he followed me up the single track climb, then passed me on the technical decent and was ahead of me by a few minutes. I caught up to him on my second lap and I led us up the hills and climbs and for the technical decent he passed me and I followed his wheel the whole way down, I was impressed with myself that I had done this. I dropped him up the last climb, as his hip was injured. The race was held at the Hinton Nordic Centre.

A huge thanks to Free Wheel Jasper  Cory & Nathan, This is my favorite race on the Alberta Cup series the past two seasons. I stayed at Days Inn Hinton and it was a good night sleep = good race results.













1 comment: