Coulee Cruiser MTB XC Race 2012 In Lethbridge (Alberta Cup) #1


Sunday May 13th, Was my first MTB XC race of the season. I finished 5th place out of 6 racers in Novice Men category http://www.albertabicycle.ab.ca/results. I got 8 Alberta Cup MTB XC points. It was two laps and took me 54 mins and it was 14 kms. My average heart rate=187 max=201. The course was excellent and was alot of climbing and that is my strength. It was 27 deg C. On the first lap very early into the race I lost control on the loose gravel and pressed the front brake too hard and flipped over the handle bars and landed on my left shoulder and I could hardly move my left arm. I then crashed near the finish line on my last lap. Lap #1 took me 30 mins and lap #2 took me 24mins. After the race I went to the Hospital and got an X-Ray and was lucky to have no broken bones. I damaged the tendons in my shoulder. A huge thanks to headwinds and all the volunteers that help to put on the race. Pics taken by Martin P. Happy Mothers day Mom.

















No comments:

Post a Comment