Athabasca XC Skiing Race 2013 @ Athabasca (Alberta Loppet Race Series) #2

Saturday January 19th, I finished 8th place out of 8  Results , It took me 58mins & 56sec. I did skate style. I was in the men 40 & under category. It was one lap and 10 Kms long. I lost two minutes when I wiped out into a snow bank after a downhill section, I had to take my ski's off to get out. The race was held 150kms north of Edmonton @ the Athabasca Muskeg Creek Trails, and it had some big hills to climb up mixed with long flat stretches, before you enter the valley again. Temperature was -19 deg c and was snowing.

Thank you to Athabasca Nordic, Henrik Asfeldt ,and all the volunteers for helping put on a great event, the best part was the chili. Well worth the drive. Pics taken by Martin P.




Pure power climbing up this hill



Pure power climbing up this hill



Pure power climbing up this hill



























It was cold brrrrr, I was pretty warm and was sweating






No comments:

Post a Comment