Troll In The Park XC Skiing Race 2013 @ Goldstick Park (Alberta Loppet Race Series) #1

Tuesday January 1st, I finished 23rd place out of 25  Results , It took me 1hr 8mins. I did skate style. I was in the Trolls category and that is for 1994 and earlier for male and female all but one racer did skate style. It was two laps and a total of 12 Kms long. This was my first ever XC Skiing race and considering I have only started in January 2012 and have gone skiing only 11 times ever, I was really proud I finished. We started from up top at Goldstick park and skied down to Goldbar park and then up the big hill, I will call the lung & leg buster to the lap/finish area. The course has lots of rolling hills and was on blue and black runs mixed with the connecting green trails. Temerature was -5 deg c. This was a great way to spend new years day, I had a great time.

Thanks to Edmonton Nordic Ski Club and all the volunteers for puting on the race. I really enjoyed all the chili at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment