2012/2013 Cross Country Ski Racing Season Recap


Alberta Cup Series XC Ski results out of one race:

  1. Groundhog Grunt @ Edmonton AB, Feb 2nd = 2nd out of 2 in Masters Men 1&2 (22 points)

I finished with 22 Alberta Cup points and was ranked 8th out of 9 in Masters Men 1&2 Alberta Cup Series Points

Alberta Loppet Race Series XC Ski results out of two races:

  1. Athabasca Loppet @ Athabasca AB, Jan 19th = 8th out of 8 in Men 40 & under
  2. Troll In The Park Loppet @ Edmonton AB, Jan 1st = 23rd out of 25 in Trolls 1994 & earlier


This was my first ever season of XC Ski racing and I have only started skiing in January 2012 and have only had one lesson. All three of these were skate style. I struggled alot this year with the skiing however I learnt alot with my ability just by doing it and competing. I gradually got better and had alot of fun learning. Why did I start racing when I already do MTB XC racing and play ice hockey in a mens league, well I say I wanted to for two reasons instead of doing so much spinning indoors on the bike I love being out doors in the trails breathing in fresh air and also so I could challenge my winter training to make sure I am not slacking off the XC Ski races make my training be consitant and then I can see where my fitness and race ready is at. I met some really great people and really love the sport as it is similar to MTB racing. I raced with Edmonton Nordic Ski Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment