Organ Grinder MTB XC Marathon Race 2013 @ Canmore (Western National Marathon series) #1

Sunday June 9th, I finished 33rd place out of 43 in Solo Open Men results , Overall I was 58 out of 82 for solo open and master open men category. It took me 4hrs 13mins, (Lap1= 1hr 14mins) (Lap2= 1hr 26mins) (Lap3= 1hr 32mins) I went a total of 36 Kms. Total elevation gain 3,678 Feet. My average heart rate was 165 and max was 190. I earned 58 points in the Western National Marathon series. I had one hour left on the clock but I knew I could not complete another lap in that time. About forty minutes into the race it started to rain light and then a bit harder, it remained this way for most of the race, with about a thirty minute period with sun. The rocks and roots were wet and slick. I stayed in my clips for the bulk of the race exept for the four really technical descents, or I road it part of the way then un clipped. I am very proud I did not quit today with the tough riding conditions, it would have been easy to do so or go put my flat pedals back on. I decided to grind it out and I was enjoying myself and learned alot about my determination. I had a good day. This was my second ever MTB Marathon. The race was held at the Canmore Nordic Centre and the temperature was 9 deg C and raining. A huge thanks to Cyclemeisters for putting on the race and the BBQ chicken sausage hotdog was great and all the volunteers for staying in the rain.





Tight switch back section, pic by Jordan Bryden




Tight switch back section, pic by Jordan Bryden



 
 
 
Mountains in the back ground, pic by Jordan Bryden





Pump track, pic by Jordan Bryden







Pump track, pic by Jordan Bryden


1 comment:

  1. great going - Jeff... sorry i couldn't make it - had to work - plus my jammed / dislocated finger caused me grief all week - worked as a sider at Inglewood Manor condos... ouch i said a million times...see you at the next one maybe

    ReplyDelete