ITT Provincial Championships Race 2013 @ Miquelon Lake (Alberta Cup) #2

Saturday Aug 17th, I finished 17th out of 18 in Cat 5  Results. It took me 56 mins & 53 seconds. It was 30 km's long. The total Elevation gain was 364 feet. My average heart rate was 194 bpm and max was 203 bpm. My average cadence was 93 rpm and max was 141 rpm. My average speed was 32 Km's per hour. We road 5 km's to get there so it was a good warm up and then 5 km's to get back to the truck so a good cool down ride, and an extra 10 km's on the day. This was my first ever Alberta Cup level Individual Time Trial race. On the first half of the race we were in a slight head wind and I felt it a bit as I had to work really hard to maintain my speed, then on the turn around the wind was behind me and I had picked up the pace. My effort level was at my max threshold from the start to the finish. My goal was to go under one hour and to have a fast start and I accomplished both of those. I am really glad that I decided to do this race. I had a fun time, even if I was suffering, LOL. The temperature was 23 deg C. A huge thanks to all the volunteers and Juventus for putting on the race.








Pic by Paul Crocombe








 

No comments:

Post a Comment