River Raid MTB XC Race 2013 @ Devon (Alberta Cup) #4

Sunday Aug 25th, I finished 19th out of 22 in Sport  Results. It took me 1 hr & 10 mins. It was two laps and a total of 16 km's long. The total Elevation gain was 1,227 feet. My average heart rate was 189 bpm and max was 204 bpm. I had one of my fastest starts ever and it only lasted for the first six kms of the race, then I faded a bit for the next six kms and then the final four kms I had my original pace from the start. I tried this tactic to see if I could hold the pace. The course had a lot of wide open spots to sprint and test your fitness level, mixed with some tricky steep climbs, tight switch back climbs and two technical decents. I also had an injury at the start on this month come back a bit in my left hamstring as it was tight and it pulled on my fibula and I felt it on lap two. The temperature was 25 deg C. A huge thanks to all the volunteers and Devon Bicycle Association and Evan W, Stew H for putting on the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment