Organ Grinder MTB XC Marathon Race 2015 @ Canmore Nordic Centre (Alberta Cup XCM) #1


Sunday June 7th, I finished 36th place out of 50 in Solo Open Men Results, Overall I was 70 out of 98 for solo open and master open men category. It took me 4 hours 26 minutes, (Lap1= 50mins ) (Lap2= 49mins ) (Lap3= 53mins) (Lap4= 55mins) (Lap5= 59mins) I went a total of 50 Kms. Total elevation gain was 4,741 Feet. My average heart rate was 159 bpm and max was 182 bpm. Check out my garmin data here. This year the lap was 1 km shorter and we had five hours and fifteen minutes for our last lap to count. When I finished I still had forty eight minutes left. By the end my legs were getting sore and I knew that it was not enough time to go for lap six. I know that I was faster this year than last year in the same conditions. Some technical sections I road a bit faster this year. I road a lot of it with an Elite woman Katy C as she finished her five laps just ahead of me and ended up in third place in solo open category. I also road a bit with Louis B as we used to do spin classes together so it was fun. I am really happy with my improvement. The race was held at the Canmore Nordic Centre and the temperature was 28 deg C. A huge thanks to Cyclemeisters for putting on the race and the BBQ chicken sausage hotdog was great and all the volunteers for all their effort.





Pre Race @ start line. Pic by Caitlin C from Mud Sweat and Gears.





 Devonian Drop. Pic by Higuchi Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment