Rundle's Revenge MTB XC Marathon Race 2015 @ Canmore


Saturday June 27th, I finished 17th place out of 27 in Solo Open Men Results, Overall I was 34th out of 54 for solo open and master open men category. It took me 3hrs 36mins, (Lap1= 53mins) (Lap2= 52mins) (Lap3= 53mins) (Lap4= 56mins) I went a total of 50 Kms. Total elevation gain 4,245 Feet. My average heart rate was 168 bpm and max was 187 bpm. The race was held at the Canmore Nordic Centre. The temperature was 20 deg C for the 8:00am start and when I finished it was 30 deg C. Check out my garmin data here. I felt really strong on the long climbs. I thought I had good cadence today. My breathing was really good considering it is at a higher elevation in Canmore than back home in Edmonton. I knew after the first two km's that I had good legs and lungs today. I was thirty one minutes faster in this years race. One area that I know that I gained some time was on the descents as I was on the edge today letting the bike roll including one root I slid off and wiped out, Thank fully I was ok. One blip for me today was on lap four towards the end I turned the wrong way and that took me a couple minutes to navigate back to the course as I am not a cheater. That is why my last lap was longer otherwise I think it would have been close to the first lap time. A huge thanks to Transrockies for putting on the race and all the volunteers for all their effort to help make this a great event to participate in.




Pic by http://raveneyephoto.com/





Pic by http://raveneyephoto.com/





Pic by http://raveneyephoto.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment