Royal River Valley Rumble MTB XC Marathon Race 2018 @ Sunridge Ski Hill (Alberta Cup XCM) #1


Sunday May 27th, I finished 35 place out of 35 in the Solo Men category Results, It took me 2 hours & 45 minutes to complete 3 laps and I went a total of 32 Kms. Lap 1= 50 mins, Lap 2= 54 mins, Lap 3= 1hr. Total elevation gain was 2,300 Feet. My average heart rate was 169 bpm and max was 195 bpm. Check out my garmin data Here.

The format of this race is easy complete as many laps as you can in five hours. I was not able to ride my bike from September to mid February due to an illness. I did not have as much training over the winter. Today I did not have my legs under me as I had to walk up some climbs on the last lap. The course was built good and fun to ride. I was happy to be out today trying my best and having fun racing. Today was my first race with my new cycling club Hardcore Bikes and there was over twenty of us racing. The temperature was 26 deg C.

Thank you Kurt M, and Hardcore Bikes for putting on the race & all the volunteers for their efforts with cheering us on.


Big steep climb. Pic by Mike B


Big steep climb. Pic by Mike B


Big steep climb. Pic by Mike B


On the start line with Cory D. Pic by Caitilin C 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment