Royal River Valley Rumble MTB XC Race 2019 @ Sun Ridge Ski Hill (Alberta Cup XCO) #1


Sunday May 26th, I finished 10th place out of 12 in the Expert Men category Results, It took me 1 hour & 38 minutes to complete 3 laps and I went a total of 18 Kms. Lap 1 = 33 mins, Lap 2 = 32 mins, Lap 3 = 33 mins. Total elevation gain was 1,437 Feet. My average heart rate was 181 bpm and max was 193 bpm. Check out my garmin data Here.

A huge thanks to my friend Howard C & his wife and my parents for coming out to watch me and provide some motivation for me to push to my full out maximum effort. I finished -1 lap as it was a four lap race. I started out really fast as for the first couple km's I could still see some racers and then I blew up as I went out to fast. I recovered ok for lap two & three. I am thrilled with this result because I have been pretty sick since January 2017 and this shows that my programs from my coach Heather K and the hard training that I have put in that I am trending upwards again. The temperature was 25 deg C & sunny.

Alberta Bicycle Association had a new regulation for this season allowing MTB XC racers to select what category to race in and no down grades are allowed. If you earn enough points or wins you will be upgraded to the next category. I selected Expert (4 laps) over sport (3 laps) because for nine years I have been racing three laps so I wanted more bang for my buck when I travel to race as I do better in longer races.

Thank you Kurt M, and Hardcore Bikes for putting on the race & all the volunteers for their efforts along with cheering us on. Geoff I rocked it on the mic again as the DJ for the event and it definitely helped to pump up my energy levels during the race.



Post race protein bar. Pic by Parents.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment