XC Skiing Race 2023 @ Gold Bar Park (Alberta Cup) #1


Saturday January 21st, I finished 12th place out of 12 in the Masters Men 3 & 4 category (Age 40-49)  Results earned 22 Alberta Cup points. It took me 1 hour & 40 minutes and it was four laps for a total of 15 kms. Average heart rate =138 Max =151 (my watch twisted a bit so I know that my heart rate was much higher because I was at threshold the entire race) The total elevation gain was 948 feet. 

Today's race was Classic style. The course was very fun and also pretty challenging with lots of hills to climb up. My Mom came and cheered me on while taking pictures and it gave me a boost of energy that I would not have had. I absorbed the great atmosphere and fed off the positive energy. I am extremely proud of myself for not giving up and finishing the race because no one can ever take that away from me.

A huge thanks to Edmonton Nordic and all the volunteers for putting on the race.



























2 comments:

  1. AWSOME. Great pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got exhausted just reading about this - Anthony (Westcorp)

    ReplyDelete