2010 Mountain bike XC Racing Season Recap


Alberta cup Mountain XC went as follows out of six races

  1. Perogy in Edmonton,  May 16 = 38 out of 40
  2. Bacon in Stony Plain,  May 23 = 25 out of 29
  3. Summer Solstice in Bragg Creek, June 20 = 21 out of 25
  4. Canada Cup in Edmonton, July 11 = 36 out of 52
  5. Nationals in Canmore, July 18 = 7 out of 10 = ( 4 points )
  6. Provincials in Hinton, Aug 28 = 7 out of 10 = ( 6 points )

I finished with 10 Alberta Mountain bike cup points and was ranked 23rd out of 136 in Novice. All theese results can be found @  http://www.albertabicycle.ab.ca/ and results from Nationals @ http://www.zone4.ca/results

The 2010 season was my first ever and I learned quick if you do not train for a race, well then you will not do well, however in my early struggles I enjoyed what I was doing. I also realized that I had not trained in the winter and that made me have a slow start. I joined the River Valley Cycle racing team and was doing group rides with them on Monday nights. I participated in a spring series race and finished dead last. I raced in 7 Fat Tire Tuesday races and did not do good in the three lap catagories, I did three two lap races and came in second twice.

For most of the spring and summer I was riding my bike/training 3 to 4 times a week.
I really started doing better during the Bragg Creek Summer Solstice race and continued to get faster from there. My best race was the last of the season in Hinton AB for provincials, I felt strong and my technical riding was the best I have ever done. I felt like a slithering snake lol. I went a total of 1,260 km's training and racing on the road and trails.


Pic #1 is from the Perogy. Pic #2, #3 and #4 is from the Edmonton Canada cup race. (The rest are from Nationals at Canmore Nordic Centre) and were taken by Martin P.

 












 
 
 
 








 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
















 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment