Training during the winter for the 2011 mountain bike XC season

I had decided to train this winter by buying a trainer with skyline to increase resistance as needed.
I did spinning classes @ http://www.rivervalleycycle.com/, the team I race for. In November and December I was doing one class a week. In January-February-March I was doing two to three classes a week.

I bought a heart rate monitor to keep track of how hard I was working. It is very benificial to my training.

Over that period of time I have done just over 1000 kms acording to my speedometor.
I had a great time this winter and learned alot from the instructors and had a good time meeting new cyclists and triathletes that were there, and the race team members to get to know them better was great.

I played div #9 in Alberta Mens Hockey League 2010/2011 season this winter and it was a game a week from September 2010 to March 2011. This was good for the lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment