Coulee Crusier MTB XC Race 2013 @ Lethbridge (Alberta Cup) #1

Saturday May 4th, I finished 24th place out of 24 in Sport results. It took me 1hr 30mins. It was three laps long for a total of 21 Kms. The total Elevation gain was 1,604 feet. My average heart rate was 178 and max was 195. The course was a bit different this year as they added some berms and small rollers. I had been getting over the Flu/Laryngitis over the last two weeks, this is no excuse for my performance as also my legs cramped up at the finish line. I stayed in my clips for most of the race except for the second bridge over the creek and the slight up hill just after the long decent as if I fell it was a big drop to the left and into the creek. The temperature was 22 deg C. A huge thanks to Kevin N and headwinds & bert and macs source for sports and all the volunteers for putting on the race. After the race there was a learn to race clinic from 2011 National Elite MTB XC champion Matt Hadley.





Checking out the new berms pre race, pic by Stew H
 

 
 
Staying clipped in, looking ahead on the course.
 
 
 

Myself and Matt Hadley after his race clinic

No comments:

Post a Comment