Spring Series Road Race 2015 #1 @ Northern Bear Golf Club


Sunday April 19th, I finished about mid pack in group C and that is un official because there is no timing done. It took me 1 hr & 30 mins. It was four laps and a total of 52 km's long. My average heart rate was 171 bpm and max was 191 bpm. The total Elevation gain was 735 feet. Check out my Garmin Data here. I parked at Strathcona Olympiette Centre and it is 10 kms to the start line so it served as a nice warm up. For the day I went a total of 72 Kms. I spent a lot of time at the front of the lead group and even lead the race for some of the time. I could not respond to an attack late on lap three on the hill and I found myself riding with a team mate Maury as we road the last lap together. This was the fastest I have done this race by one minute. There was one crazy moment as a Lama was on the course so we had to stop and then it ran alongside of us. I still do not feel comfortable road racing. I did enjoy today as great training. The temperature was 15 deg c. Thank you to all the volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment