SingleTrack 6 MTB XC Race 2015: Stage 1 @ Salmon Arm, BC


Sunday July 26th, I finished 47th place out of 50 in Solo Open Men Results, It took me 4hrs 33mins, It was a total of 40 Kms. Total elevation gain 5,136 Feet. My average heart rate was 164 bpm and max was 194 bpm. The temperature was 16 deg C and cloudy. Check out my garmin data here. The race started out with a long climb most of it was on a fire road. Then there was about a three km decent where at the bottom of it I went right over the handle bars landed on my right knee and hit/grazed my helmet on the ground. It definitely slowed me down a bit as I lost my confidence on the down hill sections. Then we climbed to the twenty km mark of the race. Some of the climb was hike a bike as many racers had to walk/run their bikes up. Then the climb went to a fire road, it was a long climb. We started to slowly descend down and the rain the night before made some of the roots pretty slippery. I went down again on another wipe out and slid down on my side. The final ten km's was sections from a popular race Salty Dog and I road this part better and re gained my confidence on the down hill sections. I found today hard. A huge thanks to Transrockies for putting on the race and to all the volunteers for their effort to help make this bucket list dream come true.




 Pic by http://raveneyephoto.com/.





 Pic by http://raveneyephoto.com/.





I took this after the race, it is very close to the start line today.

No comments:

Post a Comment