SingleTrack 6 MTB XC Race 2015: Stage 5 @ Campbell Mtn, Penticton BC


Thursday July 30th, I finished 47th place out of 50 in Solo Open Men Results, It took me 3hrs 38mins, It was a total of 36 Kms. Total elevation gain 4,209 Feet. My average heart rate was 147 bpm and max was 181 bpm. The temperature was 32 deg C and sunny. Check out my garmin data here. The race organisers are calling this race a neutral result. I asked the crew at the timing tent what it means and they said that today's result just will not count in the overall general classification. This happened because there was over fifty racers that went the wrong way on the course. All I know is my elevation and distance matched the tec guide so I know that I made all the right turns and I finished today. Before the start I stopped in at the medical trailer and got some IB Profen extra strength. Then I saw one of the therapists and she wrapped up my bruised right knee with red tape to try to help the pain be less. We started out the day with a 7 km long climb that was off camber and a few spots I had to run the bike up, it was technical. Once at the top of the mountain we did a really cool fast and fun flowing descent with big high berms. Then before the climb back up the mountain there was a section where we road on a trail that if you fall you would go a long way down resulting in serious injury, so I just scooted along it so there was no risk. There was great views of  Lake Okanagan. I grinded out another day and thought I did well considering my right knee bruise. I really enjoyed these trails. A huge thanks to Transrockies for putting on the race and to all the volunteers for their effort to help make this bucket list dream come true.




Pic by http://raveneyephoto.com/.





This was where our start/finish was today in beautiful Penticton, on Lake Okanagan 

No comments:

Post a Comment