Canmore Canada Cup MTB XC Race 2023 @ Canmore Nordic Centre (Alberta Cup XCO)


Saturday June 17th, I finished 10th place out of 10 in Expert Men category Results. It took me 1 hour & 14 minutes to complete 3 laps and a total of 13 km's long. The total Elevation gain was 1,230 feet. My average heart rate was 181 bpm and max was 193 bpm. I finished -2 laps because it was five laps total.

This was my first MTB race in four years. My mom came to watch & cheer me on and it gave me a huge boost of energy that I would not have had. The course was very technical with black and blue trails. There was lots of shorter really steep climbs and overall lots of climbing. There was no really long climbs. There were a couple of black diamond down hill sections that a couple I could ride and a couple I had to jump off and run down a tiny bit.  I had lots of fun.

The temperature was deg 20 C. I would like to thank all the volunteers and ANMBRA for putting on the race. My mom took the videos and 3 pictures and the other 3 pictures were from https://www.codyshimizu.com/clients 

































No comments:

Post a Comment