Provincials MTB XC Race 2023 @ Canmore Nordic Centre (Alberta Cup XCO)


Friday August 11th, I finished 5th place out of 6 in the Men aged 35 to 44 category Results. It took me 1 hour & 45 minutes to complete 3 laps and a total of 20 km's long. The total Elevation gain was 1,762 feet. My average heart rate was 177 bpm and max was 191 bpm. 

I loved the course because it was a really fun technical long 2+ km long climb with lots of roots and rocks to contend with in order to keep your momentum going. There were a couple of black diamond down hill sections that a couple I could ride and a couple I had to jump off and run down a tiny bit. I was so proud of myself that I was not pulled from the course and I finished all three laps. I drove down to Canmore in the morning and the race was in the evening and I had an awesome time. 

The temperature was deg 20 C. I would like to thank all the volunteers and Rundle Mountain Cycling Club for putting on such a great event. 














No comments:

Post a Comment