SingleTrack 6 MTB XC Race 2016: Stage 1 @ Fernie, BC


Saturday July 23rd, I finished 43rd place out of 49 in Solo Open Men Results, and in the timed descent I was 180th out of 200 overall solo men Results. It took me 3hrs & 28mins, It was a total of 33 Kms. Total elevation gain 4,476 Feet. My average heart rate was 172 bpm and max was 194 bpm. Check out my garmin data Here.

The night before I had dinner at the loaf with some friends Trevor P, Michelle E, Stew H, Mike K & his wife. It was great to get into the swing of things with them. The day before it had rained and it was great for the course as the dirt was not loose and the trails were bone dry. I have a trail bike this year rolling along with my new Trek Fuel EX 9.8 and it was the perfect bike for these trails. This was my first time ever riding here and I loved it. The big long climbs were fantastic. There was a couple switch backs I did not make on the opening climb and two really steep pitches up on the final climb I had to walk up a small part of it. I really enjoyed the down hill sections as I road them all and it was so fun and flowy. I struggled for the first five kms but after that I found my groove and raced really well.

The temperature was 25 deg C. A huge thanks to Transrockies for putting on the race and to all the volunteers for their effort to help make this bucket list dream come true. I stayed at Park Place Lodge and it was great.



Pic by Raven Eye Photo


Pic by Raven Eye Photo


Pic by Raven Eye Photo


Pic by Raven Eye Photo


I took this after the race as it was the start/finish. We raced on the mountain facing my back.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment