Royal River Valley Rumble 4 MTB XC Race 2015 @ Sun Ridge Ski Hill (Alberta Cup) #1


Sunday May 24th, I finished 27th out of 32 in Sport Men Results It was three laps long and 18 km's in total. It took me 1hr 28mins. My Average heart rate was 174 bpm and max was 195 bpm. The total elevation gain was 1,565 feet. Check out my garmin data Here. After about thirty seconds into the race as we climbed up the ski hill I knew that it was not my day. My legs felt like they were filled with cement and my body was tired feeling. Shortly after that I had lost contact with the group. Then It pretty much was a solo ride for me. I just could not get my body to respond. I Have not done well in any of my races here. This was a B race on my list. I Know I had trained really hard in the weeks leading up to this race and this week was a recovery week for me. I am happy I did not quit and instead pushed on as hard and as fast as I could and there was a part where I beat an Elite racer up a long climb. I don't want this post to sound negative, I just thought I could have been a lot faster. This year the course was in reverse compared to years past, so it made for some really challenging climbs. The temperature was 27 deg C. Thank you Mike B, Steve M, Karen M, Mark R, Kurt M, Geoff  I and Hardcore Bikes for putting on the race & all the volunteers for their efforts and they also cheered loud.





Pic by https://www.flickr.com/photos/sangudo/




Pic by https://www.flickr.com/photos/sangudo/

No comments:

Post a Comment