Fat Tire MTB XC Race 2015 #2 @ Terwillegar Park


Tuesday May 19th, I finished second last place in the A group and it was four laps. It was 17 kms long and it took me 1 hour 1minute. My average heart rate was 171 bpm and Max 192 bpm. Total elevation gain was 1,041 feet. Check out my Garmin data Here. It was 21 deg C and not a single cloud in the sky. I had a really slow start as per usual and I even had a good warm up tonight. On lap three and four I seemed to find my grove even though at the start of the race my legs felt pretty sore from last week of training. I learnt that I can dig deep even when my legs are hurting like that. I had passed a racer on lap one and then late on that lap he passed me. I clawed my way back to catch him on the climb on lap four and then I passed him and held on. I only had got lapped by one elite racer Mike S and I was happy because usually a couple lap me. The course was really fast and flowy with a lot of climbing and I like that. Thanks to the guys @ Kokanee Redbike Race Team for putting on the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment